Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Liebster Award

Valerie of Valeries Own Sewing Blog awarded me the Liebster award! (Thanks Valerie) Oooh, it's the month of awards! Maybe I should take a Gold Lotto ticket?

Sooo, 11 things about me:

  1. I ride a motorbike
    That's me.
  2. Until I moved back to Queensland (5-6 years ago?), I didn't wear dresses - now they're my favourite garment.
  3. I've had my nose broken three times.
  4. I cut my own hair between trips back to Sydney where I can get a great cut for less than $15. (I have tried and tried in Brisbane to find a decent hairdresser but in the end I gave up.)
  5. I don't watch TV, so I'm not usually too au fait when it comes to popular culture.
  6. In the 90's I spent six years backpacking around the world.
  7. Since we moved to Queensland I've been trying to inject some colour into my previously all black wardrobe - it's slowly happening but I'm still more comfortable in black.
  8. I don't like shopping ..... at all and I detest shopping malls. That means that when I do shop for something other than food, I want to get it all done in one fell swoop "Ok, I like these shoes, I'll get a pair in every colour of each of these styles - that should tide me over for a while."
  9. I love to try new food and drink, not much phases me when it comes to that (putrified shark meat anyone?)
  10. I don't eat lamb/mutton - far too much growing up.
  11. Tigerboy is less than one year younger than me, so although we're in our mid-forties, he thinks that qualifies him for toy boy status and me as "the older woman" lol - whatever makes him feel special (rolling my eyes).
So, now I need to pass this award on:

Velosewer at How Good Is That? -  A Sydney gal that churns out great clothes quick enough to make my head spin.

Chris at Chris Lucas - I've only just discovered this blog but I like her style.

Rebecca at Bec Stitches - Another new to me blog by a fellow Aussie.

Make it 'til you fake it - There's a fabric giveaway going on there!

Reethi at Weekend Crafting - Another new to me blog - she likes beer and sewing, what's not to like? I like her "Top 5 of 2012" lists, I might have to copy that.





6 comments:

  1. Thanks heaps Tigergirl. My tigerboy loves his toyboy status a lot. Ie, I get a toyboy every birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what they say about small things ............. ;)

      Delete
  2. It's kind of weird trying to come up with things that aren't already obvious though, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello! Thank you kindly for the award. Tis terribly nice of you. But I'm a terrible sport and it seems to me like awards are the chain emails of the blog world, and I swore long ago not to pass such things on (remember the ones about pass-this-on-or-bad-stuff-will-happen? Yikes.)

    Praps someone else who's not such a cantankerous misanthrope deserves it instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem - nothing bad is going to happen because of it either way.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for my award and I've decided to share it with a little twist LOL. Seems we have a few things in common... my hubby is younger than me as well and thinks he's my toy boy too and loves rubbing it in that I'll always be older than him... we're both now in our 40's... I'm 46 and he's 43. I don't hardly watch any TV as I'd rather being doing other things like sewing or reading blog posts or just about anything else. I'm from Qld and have only added dresses to my wardrobe since I started sewing again last year... black is and will probably always be one of my favorite colours in my wardrobe... can't beat it I reckon :)

    ReplyDelete