Friday, January 25, 2013

Wow! I got an award and a petrol discount!

Craftster Best of 2012 Winner


Remember the palin bag?? I posted it on Craftster, way back when and it ended up being chosen in the top five for it's category. Surprise! I don't spend much time at craftster these days, more on pattern review, but every now and then, if I've made something and haven't  used a pattern, I'll post it. If you haven't ever checked out craftster.org, you should, there's all kinds of nifty things there.


And this dress:

I was wearing it when I filled the car up with petrol - the attendant loved it so much, he gave me a discount on my fuel! Nice one!

8 comments:

  1. You deserve the award..... as for the discount petrol ...... someone giving away petrol money (ie discount) for what you are wearing - where is this place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, sorry BeaJay, it's in Brissie. As it's just down the road from the new house we're buying, tigerboy thinks that I should always go there to fill up the car.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the award! The dress is very elegant with a pretty cool fabric. It fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. A couple of weeks ago we were away for the weekend and a few people stopped me at different points to ask where I bought it, tigerboy says he thinks the main reason is because it's such a perfect fit.

      Delete
  3. It gets worn a lot because it's such an easy dress to wear as well as being so light and cool for summer. There's also the bonus of having a woven that doesn't need ironing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gotta love a dress that doesn't need ironing ;)! Super cute dress by the way!

      Delete
  4. Gosh, I wish that kind of thing would happen to me ; of course, I don't have a car but ....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably not worth buying a car to see if it will happen ;)

    ReplyDelete